RUSSELLVILLE — The Great American Conference has announced the league’s Offensive Player, Defensive Player and Setter of the Week for the second week of the volleyball season. Southern Nazarene’s Jamie Hope and Kaylee Piatt helped the Crimson Storm go 3-1 at the South Central Classic to claim the Defensive Player and Setter of the Week. Harding’s Mollie Arnold won her fourth career Offensive Player of the Week honor.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Mollie Arnold, Harding, OH, Sr., Bono, Ark.
Arnold helped the Lady Bisons go 4-1 on the week, including 3-1 at the UNA Classic. She recorded a GAC-leading 91 kills during the week. Her 4.33 kills per set and 4.67 points per set also led the league during the week. She totaled three double-doubles and she twice registered more than 20 kills in a match.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Jamie Hope, Southern Nazarene, MB, Sr., Cayuga, Texas
Hope played a key role in the Crimson Storm posting a 3-1 mark at the South Central Classic. She averaged 3.67 digs per set at the tournament and she recorded 15 total blocks – 1.25 per set. She posted a season-high seven blocks in the three-set win against Maryville.
SETTER OF THE WEEK – Kaylee Piatt, Southern Nazarene, Jr., Bryan, Texas
Piatt averaged 9.77 assists and 1.0 blocks per set at the South Central Classic. She became the only player in the GAC to rank in the top five in the both categories last week. In the Crimson Storm’s three victories, she increased her average to 10.6 assists per set. She set a career high with six blocks against Maryville.
• Stephanie Channell, OH, Sr., Arkansas Tech (Registered a .330 attack percentage at the Abbey Road Invitational)
• Jessica Cuba, OH, Jr., Arkansas-Monticello (Hit .265 in five matches at the Hampton Inn Invitational)
• Alyssa Eicher, OH, So., Northwestern Oklahoma State (Recorded 37 kills over four matches at the South Central Classic)
• Emily Gentle, OH, Jr., Southeastern Oklahoma State (Totaled 62 kills at the South Central Classic; hit .270 for the week)
• Hailey McNee, OH, Fr., Southern Arkansas (Played major role in SAU going 5-0 on the week; recorded three double-doubles)
• Taylor Jacobs, OH, Jr., Southern Nazarene (Posted a .304 hit percentage in SNU’s three wins at South Central Classic)
• Taylor Benner, L, Sr., Southeastern Oklahoma State (Totaled 25 digs in 3-set win vs Cameron; Averaged 4.47 digs for the week)
• Lisa Copeland, L, Sr., Harding (Recorded three 20-dig matches; averaged 4.76 digs per set)
• Tusalava Kuaea, L, Sr., Arkansas-Monticello (Averaged 4.11 kills per set at the Hampton Inn Invitational)
• Morgan McKellar, L, So., Arkansas Tech (Averaged 4.40 digs per set with a high of 25 against Belmont Abbey)
• Lauren Woods, L, Sr., Southern Arkansas (Totaled at least 17 digs in all 5 matches; averaged 4.95 digs per set)
• Madelynne Cera, S, Sr., Southeastern Oklahoma State (Posted a 38-assist, 20-dig game vs Central Oklahoma)
• Amber Cerrillos, S, Sr., Arkansas Tech (Notched 10 aces and averaged 9.53 assists per set at Abbey Road Invitational)
• Taryn Eubank, S, Jr., Harding (Averaged 9.24 assists per set over five contests; totaled 194 assists)