RUSSELLVILLE – The Great American Conference announced the league’s top golfers for the period of September 8 to September 22. Arkansas Tech’s Bryce Burke earned the men’s award and Southwestern Oklahoma State’s Emily Folsom garnered the women’s honor.
GAC Top Men’s Golfer – Bryce Burke, Arkansas Tech, Fr., Johannesburg, South Africa
Burke opened his collegiate career with a pair of outstanding results. At the GAC Preview, he finished in a three-way tie for second place with a 2-under 214 total. On the strength of a final-round 68, Burke took home medalist honors at the 17th Annual Northeastern State Classic and helped boost the Wonder Boys to a third-place finish overall.
GAC Top Women’s Golfer – Emily Folsom, Southwestern Oklahoma State, So., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
After turning in a 34th-place finish at the season-opening Central Region Preview, Folsom came back at the Northeastern State Women’s Classic by finishing in third place. She shot matching rounds of 75 to help the Lady Bulldogs finish in fourth place out of 18 teams.
Notable men’s nominees
• Jason Goben, Sr., East Central (Tied for 45th at the GAC Preview and tied for 18th at the Northeastern State Golf Classic)
• Drew Greenwood, Sr., Henderson State (Shot a 66 at the NSU Classic and tie for second; carded a 67 at the GAC Preview)
• Stefan Idstam, Jr., Southwestern Oklahoma State (Recorded top-10 finishes at the GAC Preview and the NSU Golf Classic)
• Drew Posada, Sr., Oklahoma Baptist (Won the GAC Preview with two sub-70 rounds; Tied for third at the SCU Intercollegiate)
Notable women’s nominee
• Brok Hurst, Jr., East Central (Tied for 36th at the Northeastern State Golf Classic; shot a low round of 79 in the first round)