RUSSELLVILLE – The Great American Conference announced the league’s Players of the Week for the second week of the 2015 volleyball season. Ouachita’s Abby Pickett repeated as the top Offensive player; Oklahoma Baptist’s Kaitlyn Lucy earned the Defensive honor and Arkansas Tech’s Sarita Stegall claimed the Setter of the Week accolade.
GAC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Abby Pickett, Ouachita, RS, Sr., Texarkana, Texas
In her only match of the week, Pickett tied the GAC record for kills in a three-set match as she accumulated 22 in the Tigers’ sweep of Arkansas-Monticello. She hit .474 against the Blossoms as she continued to set the GAC standard in kills, points and attack percentage.
GAC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – Kaitlyn Lucy, Oklahoma Baptist, DS, Sr., Midlothian, Texas
Lucy amassed 103 digs in Oklahoma Baptist’s four matches last week. In the Bison’s first-ever GAC match, she totaled 21 digs in a sweep of Northwestern Oklahoma State. At the MIAA/GAC Crossover, she collected 29 digs in a four-set contest vs Missouri Western; 25 digs against Nebraska-Kearney and 28 digs in a five-set win against Northwest Missouri State.
GAC SETTER OF THE WEEK – Sarita Stegall, Arkansas Tech, Fr., Fort Smith, Arkansas
Stegall earned GAC/MIAA Crossover All-Tournament team honors. In the GAC opener against Southern Arkansas, she recorded the match-winning service ace in the fifth set to give ATU the 15-13 win in the set and a 3-2 victory in the match. Stegall recorded four double-doubles on the week and has recorded double-doubles in her last five matches.
• Emily Aase, Sr., MH, Southern Arkansas (Hit .409 in SAU’s lone match of the week, a five-set contest vs Arkansas Tech)
• Denise Coroiescu, Jr., OH, Oklahoma Baptist (Led the Bison with 41 kills last week; totaled 17 vs Northwest Missouri State)
• Hunter Eshnauer, Fr., OH, Arkansas Tech (Totaled a career-high 19 kills vs SAU; collected two double-doubles)
• McKenna Qualls, Jr., OH, Southern Nazarene (Collected 11 kills and five aces vs SE in GAC opener)
• Nora To’omalatai, Jr., OH, Northwestern Oklahoma State (Averaged 3.75 kills per set and hit .266 in TWO matches)
• Carly Zak, Jr., OH, Southwestern Oklahoma State (Totaled 22 kills, 18 digs and seven blocks; reached the 800-kill mark)
• Abbey Bell, Jr., L, Southern Nazarene (Recorded at least 20 digs in three matches, with a high of 24 vs Pittsburg State)
• Madison Nagel, So., L/DS, Arkansas Tech (Tied a season-high with 26 digs against Washburn, averaging 8.67 digs per set)
• Hannah Rice, Jr., DS, Southern Arkansas (Helped push Southern Arkansas to five sets vs Arkansas Tech by collecting 23 digs)
• Sydni Schulz, Sr., OH, Arkansas-Monticello (Recorded her second career 20+ dig match with 21 against Alcorn State)
• Ashley Wake, Jr., DS, Ouachita Baptist (Totaled 23 digs in the Tigers’ three-set win against Arkansas-Monticello)
• Elyse Berlin, So., Southern Nazarene (Averaged 11.14 assists per set in wins vs Southeastern and Pittsburg State)
• Stormi Leonard, Fr., Ouachita Baptist (Leonard continued to the lead the GAC in assists per set by averaging 14.67 vs UAM)
• Taylor Reaume, Sr., S, Southern Arkansas (Dished out 46 assists in the Muleriders’ five-set match with Arkansas Tech)
• Kynnedy Myers, Fr., Oklahoma Baptist (Collected three double-doubles; averaged 8.73 assists and 3.53 digs per set)