The Van Buren Pointers are beginning to string together some wins.
Gary Phillips and Logan Brothers combined for 26 points in the team’s 50-37 win over Subiaco Academy at the Cyclone Classic. Winners of four straight, the Pointers followed up Friday’s win with a 70-48 thumping of Shiloh Christian Thursday. Brayden Gilmore had 21 points in the win over the Saints.
— Kevin Taylor
• The Lady Airedales shot 31 of 41 from the free throw line to survive a 42-38 overtime win against the Lady Rams. “Proud of my girls,” said coach Bryan Jernigan. “We haven’t been shooting free throws very well this year and we won the game at the line. We’ve been working on it a lot in practice and it paid off.” The Lady Rams led 11-6 after the first quarter, but Alma rallied back to go up 19-17 by halftime. The Lady Airedales extended their lead by one, 25-22, to start the fourth. The game was tied 35-35 at the end of regulation. Halyn Carmack led with 24 points as she shot 17 of 20 from the line. Taelynn Perry had five points and eight rebounds. Kenzie Rushing and Micah Smith added four points each.
• Alma bounced back to topple Ramsey 48-15 on Dec. 10. Hunter Mcalister had a double-double 16 points and 11 rebounds. Dylan Cluck and added eight points and four assists. Conner Stacy contributed seven points and three assists. Logan Taylor and Braden Taylor tossed in four points each as 10 players contributed to the scoring. “We had a great team effort against Ramsey,” said coach Eddie Corder. “We played great defense and everyone was making shots.” The Airedales travel to Darby on Thursday.
• The Lady Dragons rolled past Hackett 38-21 in a conference game on Dec. 10. Haley Reed led Mountainburg (9-1) with 10 points and Jordan Watkins tossed in eight. The Lady Dragons faced Arkoma in a nonconference game on Tuesday.
• Preston Clark scored 12 points as the Dragons (4-6) defeated Hackett 32-26. Zach Jones and Trey Shepherd both had six points each for Mountainburg.
• Chaffin rallied in the second half to beat the Airedales 40-38 on Dec. 6 at Crabtree Gymnasium in the conference opener for both teams. Alma led 20-12 at the break, but the Cougars clawed back and was within three, 28-25, heading into the fourth quarter. Chaffin took the lead, but Alma tied it up 38-38, but could not get a stop on the last play of the game. Dylan Cluck led with 19 points. Hunter Mcalister had eight points and eight rebounds. Bryson Mayes tossed in six while Conner Stacy added five points and five assists.
Butterfield Trail dropped a 38-26 decision on Monday night. The Pointers led 18-11 at the half. Conner Myers paced Butterfield Trail with 11 points and Andrew Hammond tossed in seven.