A Van Buren woman pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Crawford County Circuit Court to two counts of second-degree battery on a law enforcement officer.
Brandi Louise Foley, 34, also pleaded not guilty to resisting arrest.
The public defender’s office entered the not guilty pleas for Foley and waived formal arraignment before Judge Gary R. Cottrell.
Foley was arrested Jan. 22 after sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a residence in the 14000 block of Old 88 Road in reference to a disturbance.
According to an incident report, Foley had been told to stay away from her ex-husband’s residence when deputies found her van parked near the driveway. When deputies attempted to speak to her, Foley allegedly attempted to drive away while Sgt. Austin Bishop’s hand was inside her vehicle.
Reports states Foley kicked Bishop in the chest and slapped another deputy during her arrest.
Other pleas heard Wednesday by Cottrell were:
• Randy Lee Potter, 39, of Waldron pleaded not guilty to theft by receiving. Potter was allegedly driving a stolen vehicle when stopped by a Kibler police officer Jan. 23.
• Leslie Amber Wood, 38, of Colorado Springs, Colo., pleaded guilty to possession of hydrocodone, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a schedule VI controlled substance. Wood was arrested Jan. 23 after an Arkansas State Police trooper stopped her for throwing a cigarette butt from her car window.
• Raymond Van Holson, 39, of Chester pleaded not guilty to theft of scrap metal. Holson is accused of taking metal pipe valued at $30,000. The 30- to 40-foot pipe being stored by its owner for future use in the West Graphic area was sold to Jaffee and Bud’s Iron and Metal.
• Daniel Reed Houch, 32, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to theft of property. Houch allegedly took property Dec. 17 from a friend’s house where he was being allowed to stay.
• Jerry Bartlett Rogers, 31, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and habitual offender. Rogers was arrested Jan. 21 following a parole search at a North 28th Street apartment.
• Kyle Jacob Bristow, 24, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana. Bristow was arrested Jan. 25 by a Van Buren police officer who was checking a suspicious vehicle parked at an apartment complex on South Fourth Street.
• Thomas Eugene Blount Jr., 41, of Van Buren and Tori Dawn Kangas, 31, of Alma pleaded not guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia, theft by receiving and habitual offender. Blount and Kangas were arrested Jan. 22 following a parole search at a residence on Old Rudy Way.
• Rachel Lynn Jarvis, 43, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to theft of property. Jarvis is accused of selling a stolen vehicle for scrap metal July 3, 2014.
• Wendy Anne Tuberville, 36, of Mulberry pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a Dec. 12 status hearing on charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana and habitual offender.
• Taylor Austin Standridge, 25, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a Dec. 8 pre-trial hearing on charges of theft of property and forgery.
• John Thomas Garner, 30, of Barling pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a Jan. 12 hearing on a charge of theft by receiving.
• Zackary Don Hooten, 25, of Mulberry pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a Sept. 15 mandatory hearing on charges of breaking or entering and attempted theft of property.
• Jacob Dean Curry, 24, of Cedarville resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Dec. 2, 2014, for theft by receiving, alleging he has failed to do community service.
• Larry Don Knight, 34, of Alma resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Dec. 14, 2011, for aggravated assault on a family or household member and second offense domestic battery in the third degree, alleging he was arrested Jan. 6 in Sebastian County for manufacture of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Daniel Lee Blasingame, 35, of Rudy resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Aug. 5, 2011, for fleeing in a vehicle, third-degree domestic battery and violation of a protection order, alleging he was arrested Dec. 15 in Fort Smith for third-degree domestic battery.
• Jerry Dan Jones III, 34, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Sept. 3, 2010, for non-support, alleging he has failed to pay restitution.
• Michael Edward Davis, 34, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Sept. 15, 2010, for delivery of marijuana, possession of marijuana and fleeing on foot, alleging he failed to do community service.