Early voting for the May 22 primary is under way.
Crawford County registered voters can cast ballots at two locations, according to Crawford County Clerk Teresa Armer-Cobbe. They are the county clerk’s office in Room 7 at the court house, 300 Main St. in Van Buren, and the Crawford County Emergency Operations Center building at 1820 Chestnut St. in Van Buren.
The hours for early voting from May 7-20 are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Fridays and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. Hours for May 21 are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contested Crawford County primary races are:
• Incumbent Crawford County Clerk Teresa Armer-Cobbe is being challenged by fellow Republican Jolynn (Tink) Wester for her position. There is no Democratic candidate.
• Three Republicans, Jim Atchison, Chase Hall DeCroo and David Rofkahr, are going against each other for the Crawford County JP District 3 position. Rofkahr is the incumbent. There is no Democratic candidate.
• Crawford County District 5 JP Raymond Harvey received a challenge in the Republican primary from Jon Baker. There is no Democratic candidate.
• In the race for Crawford County JP District 6 position, incumbent Mark Shaffer is being challenged by another Republican, Connie Beyerle. There is no Democratic candidate.
• Tom Fite and Farrah L. Turner, both Republicans, are running for the Crawford County constable District 2 position. There is no Democratic candidate.
• Joe Howard and Thomas Dale Roberts are both running for the Crawford County constable District 4 position as Republicans. Howard is the incumbent. There is no Democratic candidate.
• For the Crawford County constable District 9 position race, incumbent Tommy Buckner is running against Marty Clark. Both candidates are Republicans. There is no Democratic candidate.