Leadercast, the world’s largest one-day leadership conference, will be broadcast live from Atlanta and simulcast to hundreds of locations around the world, including Van Buren, on May 5.
This year marks the 17th year of the annual leadership conference and seventh year that The Destiny Group, along with co-host Van Buren Chamber of Commerce, will be hosting the Leadercast Van Buren.
It will again be held at the Van Buren Fine Arts Center on the Van Buren High School campus, according to Debbie Foliart of The Destiny Group.
The theme of this year’s conference is, “Powered by Purpose.”
“Purpose is what defines us, drives us, and empowers us,” Foliart said. “It is the glue for an organization and the fuel for an individual. Today’s organization can’t rely on old practices. A new organization is emerging and at the center of its driving force is the igniting power of purpose.”
• Companies with ideals of improving people’s lives at the center of all they do outperform others by 400 percent.
• More than 70 percent of people consider an organization’s environmental and/or social impact when deciding where to work.
• Employees that feel they are working towards a good cause show increased productivity by up to 30 percent.
• People who are able to make a social or environmental impact on the job are more satisfied by a 2:1 ratio.
Foliart said the conference will allow attendees to discover the steps they can take to uncover their purpose, to reconnect to their organization’s why, to attract and engage the right people for your efforts and to thrive as a team.
“Key speakers with purpose-driven leadership will inspire the more than 350 people who attend locally and the more than 100,000 people who will attend the event live in Atlanta or at hundreds of other simulcast locations in more than 20 countries,” Foliart said.
Among the keynote speakers are:
• Daniel Pink, behavioral science expert, best-selling author and host of Crowd Control.
• Molly Fletcher, former top sports agent and author.
• Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator.
• Suzy Welch, author, TV commentator and business journalist.
• Henry Cloud, acclaimed leadership expert, clinical psychologist and best-selling author.
• Jess Ekstrom, CEO of Headbands of Hope.
• Tyler Perry, director, playwright, screenwriter, producer, actor, author and entrepreneur.
For more information and to purchase your ticket or group tickets to the Leadercast Van Buren event, visit LeadercastVB.com or call (479) 883-5122 or (479) 471-5179.