A Van Buren man pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Crawford County Circuit Court to three counts of rape.
Clark Eugene Davis, 44, is accused of sexual misconduct with a girl who is now 14-years-old between Jan. 1, 2010, and June 29, 2013.
It is alleged Davis, who is in the Arkansas Department of Correction, sent mail to the girl from prison talking about the sexual misconduct, according to files in the prosecuting attorney’s office.
The public defender’s office entered the not guilty plea for Davis and waived formal arraignment before Judge Gary R. Cottrell.
Other pleas heard Wednesday by Cottrell were:
• Steven Lee Case, 34, of Hackett resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received May 2, 2007, for second-degree sexual assault, alleging he had contact with minors in August.
• Zachary Lee Drinkwitz, 36, of Alma pleaded not guilty to possession of amphetamine, two counts of theft by receiving and possession of a controlled substance. Drinkwitz was arrested Nov. 7 by Van Buren police who seized Drinkwitz’s vehicle following the execution of a warrant.
• Marcus Owen, 22, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to possession of Roxicodone, possession of methamphetamine and two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia. Owen was arrested Nov. 12 after sheriff’s deputies were called to a North Rudy Road residence to investigate the theft of a gun.
• Louis Lee Napier III, 25, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to aggravated assault on a family or household member, criminal use of a prohibited weapon, possession of drug paraphernalia, first-degree terroristic threatening and third-degree domestic battery. Napier was arrested after he allegedly struck his wife Nov. 16.
• Mary Lorene Bright, 43, of Mulberry pleaded not guilty to delivery of lisdexametamine, delivery of oxycodone and delivery of hydrocodone acetaminomphen. A confidential informant for the drug task force allegedly made the purchases Dec. 20, 2012, Jan. 17 and Oct. 18.
• Ricky Dewayne Hunter, 24, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to theft of property and theft by receiving. Hunter is accused in the theft of air-conditioners, water heater, refrigerator and washer from two residences in the 400 block of Dogwood Loop in Kibler Nov. 9.
• Cody McKey Malone, 20, of Rudy pleaded not guilty to aggravated cruelty to a dog, cat or horse. Malone allegedly beat a dog to death Nov. 13.
• Rita Lynn Childers, 35, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failure to register as a sex offender. Childers is accused of moving from her South Third Street residence without notifying authorities. She also resisted a petition to revoke a sentence she received Aug. 21 for second-degree sexual assault based on the failure to register charge.
• Aaron Drew Free, 26, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to theft of property and habitual offender. Free is accused of snatching a purse containing $3,000 Aug. 30. He also resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received May 7, 2007, for second-degree battery, alleging the new arrested in Crawford County and April 11 and June 28 arrests in Sebastian County.
• Bobby Dewayne Brown Jr., 30, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to delivery of a counterfeit substance. Brown allegedly sold the substance to a confidential informant for the drug task force April 18.
• Shelley Wright, 40, of Mulberry pleaded not guilty to delivery of hydrocodone. Wright allegedly sold hydrocodone to a confidential informant for the drug task force on Jan. 18.
• Maverick Jacob Merechka, 23, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to three counts of delivery of oxycodone. Merechka allegedly sold oxycodone to a confidential informant for the drug task force Aug. 21, Sept. 9 and Sept. 21.
• Roy Jacob Justus, 26, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to theft of property. Justus is accused of taking cameras from a Lafayette Street residence in October.
• William Charles Livingston, 29, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a Nov. 15 status hearing on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender.
• Jeannie Marie Beeson, 25, of Alma pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a Nov. 1 case call on a charge of theft by deception.
• Brian Keith Blount, 34, of Muldrow pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a Sept. 9 petition to revoke hearing, alleging he has failed to pay restitution, fines and court costs on a Feb. 8 conviction for theft of property.
• Michael Edward Davis, 33, of Van Buren resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Sept. 15, 2010, for delivery of marijuana, possession of marijuana and fleeing, alleging he has failed to pay the drug task force fee.