• The River Valley Cycling Club hosts four group rides per week open to the public. Tuesday rides start at Fort Chaffee, Thursdays at Beef O’Brady’s and Sundays from Cisterna Market. There is also a women’s-only ride each Sunday at 5 p.m. at Fort Chaffee. Rides are often divided by ability levels, including no-drop rides for beginning road cyclists. Visit Facebook.com/RiverValleyCycling.
• Ben Geren Junior Summer Golf Camp; July 24-27. Free and open to all boys and girls age 8-14 years old. 10:30-noon each day. Participants receive snacks and drinks, discount tickets to Parrot Island as well as many other items.
River Valley Golf Association upcoming tournaments. Call (479) 639-2350 for more information.
• July 23 Wolf Ridge Poteau
July 27 — Clarksville Country Club 4 Ball Shootout, $30 per team entry, cart not included, 5 pm shotgun start, register by 4 pm, call (479) 754-3026.
July 28 — Choctaw Country Club Par 3 Tournament 2 Man Scramble. $25 per person Entry Fee. 9 a.m. shotgun start. Call (918) 647-3488
July 28-29 — Clarksville Country Club Invitational 4 Ball, $200 per team entry, cart not included. Call 754-3026. Tee times to be set, beginning at 7 am.
August 4 — Little Creek CC in Ratcliff will host a 2 person scramble tournament. $35 per person. Cart not included. Shotgun start at 9 a.m.. Lunch provided after play. Call Little Creek with questions or to sign up (479) 635-5551.
Sept. 22 — Nichols Charity Golf Tournament at Fianna Hills Country Club, benefitting Hannah House. Four-person scramble with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Team entry $350, 25 team limit. For info call Greg (479) 651-7627, Nick (479) 651-2430 or Jenni (479) 782-5683.
• Deer Trails Golf Course Saturday 9-hole scrambles will have a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Everyone invited. Members $5 plus cart fee. Non-members $25 includes cart and greens.
• The Trailblazers Hiking Club is dedicated to enjoying the outdoors in the Ozarks and Ouachita Mountains of western Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. The club leads several hikes per month. Visit www.thcfs.com for more information or call (479) 646-9562.
Fall Softball Tournaments at Sallisaw. 6U Coach Pitch and/or Modified Coach Pitch $75. 8U CP $75. 10U Live arm $125, 12U $125, 14U $125. Three game guarantee Saturday only. We are a USSSA Sanctioned Park. Call Paul Marshall (918) 774-0664. email email@example.com
Sept. 15, Sept. 29, Oct. 13, Oct. 27
• The Fort Smith Boxing Club for youth boxers is forming. The gym is located at 1525 May Avenue. For more information, call Harold Corley at (479) 646-0876.
• The Boys & Girls Club of Paris boxing program is open to boys and girls, ages 8-18. Cost is $10 per year. A member of USA Boxing, the team has three weekly workouts from September-May and attends tournaments on the weekends. Call (479) 963-3577.
• Ben Geren Men's league will meet each Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. to play a 9 hole format. $20 entry fee to join the league. Call pro shop at (479) 646-5301 to join and sign up.
• Ben Geren Couples League each Thursday 5:30p.m. $12.50 per person. Call pro shop at (479) 646-5301
• Deer Trails Men's Golf League at Chaffee Crossing. Call Pro Shop about membership (479) 478-6971.
• Deer Trails Women's Golf League Chaffee Crossing. Format: A, B, C, D,-4 lady 9 hole scramble. Start 6 p.m. Sign up at Pro Shop (479) 478-6971.
• Choctaw Country Club in Poteau. Ladies Golf Scramble Thursday Evening at 5:30 PM Cost: $5 for non-members 9 Holes. Call (918) 647-3488
The Sports Calendar runs free in the Times Record each Monday and daily at www.swtimes.com. Email information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries are not accepted over the phone. Business advertisements are not eligible for the calendar. The deadline is Friday at noon.