An Alma man who allegedly threatened his wife and young child pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Crawford County Circuit Court.
Chancey Orvil Tyler, 31, is charged with two counts of terroristic threatening in the first degree and domestic battery in the third degree.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, Tyler punched his wife in the eye while she was driving Sept. 7. He also threatened to slit her throat and snap the 2-year-old’s neck, the affidavit states.
It further states Tyler fled when a motorist stopped to help. He was arrested later by a Van Buren police officer.
The public defender’s office entered the not guilty plea for Tyler and waived formal arraignment before Judge Gary R. Cottrell.
Other pleas heard Wednesday by Cottrell were:
• Racquel Yvonne Henderson, 41, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to overdraft, alleging she wrote $1,779.78 in bad checks on her Bank of America account.
• Robin Joseph Bartlett, 48, of Uniontown pleaded not guilty to fourth offense driving while intoxicated and driving while license suspended for DWI. Bartlett was arrested Sept. 7 at an Arkansas State Police sobriety checkpoint.
• Cody McKay Malone, 20, of Rudy pleaded not guilty to possession of oxycodone and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was arrested during a traffic stop Sept. 8 on Sharum Road at it intersection with Farm Road.
• Sherry Ann Skelton, 49, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana with purpose to deliver and criminal impersonation. Skelton was arrested Sept. 4 following a traffic stop by Van Buren police.
• Cody Paul Atwell, 25, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to aggravated assault. Atwell allegedly threatened a man with a gun Aug. 6.
• John Walker Finch, 48, of Fort Smith pleaded not guilty to non-support, alleging he owes $4,533 in child support.
• Mark Lee Stringer, 22, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to possession of drug paraphernalia. Stringer was arrested Sept. 3 following a traffic stop by a Van Buren police officer.
• Valerie Jo Parker, 42, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to two counts of residential burglary, theft of property and theft of property - firearm. Parker allegedly stole guns and jewelry from a residence in the 400 block of Crestview Aug. 15.
• Eric Elam, 27, and Chad Routh, 23, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to residential burglary. Elam is charged as a habitual offender. The two were arrested in the Aug. 28 burglary of an apartment on Mulberry Street.
• Randall Joe Selph, 27, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failure to appear, breaking or entering, theft of property and habitual offender. Selph allegedly stole a peacock from a residence in the 8400 block of Arkansas 282 May 25.
• Matthew Wayne Jones, 24, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a July 22 mandatory on a charge of non-support.
• Billy David Bright, 18, of Van Buren pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a June 10 plea or trial request on a charge of possession of oxycodone.
• Trealyn Dyvoe Redway, 19, of McAlester pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a May 17 status hearing on charges of residential burglary, theft of property and criminal mischief.
• Larry Joe Garrett, 51, of Alexander, Ark., pleaded not guilty to failure to appear at a May 20 inquiry hearing on a charge of theft of property.
• Salina Marie Heap, 28, of Fort Smith resisted a petition to revoke a sentence she received Feb. 15, 2005, for theft of property, alleging she has failed to pay fines, court costs and DNA fee.
• Johnnie Lee Hamilton Jr., 39, of Muldrow resisted a petition to revoke a sentence he received Sept. 18, 1995, alleging he has failed to pay restitution.