Sebastian County Judge David Hudson announced the Fall Cleanup Campaign has been scheduled for Saturdays in September and October as a part of the statewide Great Arkansas Cleanup.
The Sebastian County campaign will take place on Saturdays starting this Saturday and continuing through Oct. 20. Dumpster schedules and locations are as follows:
• Sept. 15, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Central City, City Hall; Lavaca Rural, Rodeo Arena Parking Lot on Rodeo Arena Road
• Sept. 21, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Greenwood City, Street Department, 104 Bell Road
• Sept. 22, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Greenwood Rural, County Road Department; Jenny Lind, Jenny Lind Loop and Gate Nine Road; Greenwood City, Street Department, 104 Bell Road
• Sept. 29, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Hackett, High School Gym on East Greenwood Street; Bonanza, Street Department on Highway 45
• Oct. 6, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Milltown, VFD Community Building; Witcherville, Park on U.S. 71 South
• Oct. 13, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Hartford, Water Department; Midland, Intersection 45 and 253
• Oct. 20, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Mansfield, Public Works Building; Huntington, West Broadway at Cherokee Park
Greenwood residents may utilize Dumpsters at the Greenwood City Street Department north of the shop at the recycle center at 104 Bell Road Sept. 21-22 from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Dumpsters will be picked up by 2 p.m. in order to be hauled to the landfill and dumped by closing time at 3:30 p.m.
Dumpsters will be staffed at all times to ensure that only acceptable wastes are disposed of. Items that are not acceptable due to landfill regulations include yard waste, grass, leaves, brush, used oil, tires, batteries, hazardous or toxic wastes, TVs, computers, electronic equipment, cleaning chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, paints, liquids of any kind and Freon containing appliances. Appliances using Freon must have the compressor removed before they can be accepted. In addition, tires and barrels used to burn trash will not be accepted as part of this cleanup campaign.
White goods (appliances, refrigerators, etc.) may be placed during cleanup operating hours 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. only in a designated area with the county road department disposing of these items on the day of the cleanup.
Computers, TVs and VCRs will be accepted with a trailer designated for these items on Sept. 21-22 at the Greenwood Street Department on Bell Road and on Oct. 20 at the Mansfield Public Works Building during their designated cleanup times. Those looking for a complete list of e-waste recycle centers with dates and times of operation are asked to call the Solid Waste District at 452-4104.
This cleanup is for residents only and not for commercial dumping.
Local volunteers are needed for litter pickups during the scheduled cleanup days, the release states. For more information on participating in local events, call the Sebastian County coordinator at 452-4104 or the county judge’s office at 783-6139.