Today may be Thanksgiving Day, but based on upcoming events across the region, it's definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Here are a few holiday events you might want to check out:
• Lighted holiday-themed displays will be turned on nightly beginning today at Creekmore Park, 3301 S. M St. in Fort Smith.
• Sebastian County Public Library can food drive, accepting donations through Dec. 4 at the library, 18 S. Adair St. in Greenwood, and at the Greenwood Head Start Center, 444 E. Gary St. in Greenwood.
• Lights on the Island 2017, 6-9 p.m. nightly through Dec. 25, Lake Wister State Park, 25567 U.S. 270 in Wister. Call Karen at (918) 649-4547.
• Fort Smith Public Library community outreach, accepting donations of nonperishable food items at all Fort Smith library locations through Dec. 31. Visit www.fortsmithlibrary.org.
• Hometown Holidays, Saturday and Sunday, Freedom Park pavilion in Van Buren.
• Second annual Lighting Ceremony for the Alma Lights in the Park, 5 p.m. Friday, Alma Aquatic Park, 222 Collum Lane East in Alma.
• Van Buren Pajama Train, sponsored by the Arkansas and Missouri Railroad, 6:30 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m. and 1, 3 and 5 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. and 2:30 and 4 p.m. Sunday, departing from the Van Buren Train Depot. Visit www.amrailroad.com or call (479) 725-4017.
• "The Perfect Gift: Library Books for Christmas" fundraiser, donate money to have books added to the Fort Smith Public Library collection in honor of or in memory of someone special Saturday through Dec. 31. Visit fortsmithlibrary.org or call 783-0229.
• "Trains! Trains! Trains! The Van Buren Great Train Experience," 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday and 5-7 p.m. Nov. 30, the Train Depot, Willy Nilly, Firefly Boutique and Gifts, Chapters on Main, Boom-A-Rang Diner, the Van Buren Senior Center and the Women's Literary Book Club in downtown Van Buren. Contact Becki Kneeland at (479) 474-6424 or email@example.com for information.
• Trail of Holiday Lights lighting ceremony, 5 p.m. Saturday, Eiffel Tower Park in Paris. Paris Christmas parade at 6 p.m.
• Martina McBride's "The Joy of Christmas" concert, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Fort Smith Convention Center's First National Bank Exhibition Hall, 55 S. Seventh St. Call 788-7300.
• "Polar Express" P.J. Story Time and Movie, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Miller Branch Library, 8701 S. 28th St. Call (479) 646-3945.
• UAFS Season's Greetings concert, 7 p.m. Wednesday, ArcBest Corp. Performing Arts Center, 55 S. Second St. Visit www.tickets.uafs.edu or call 783-7300.
• Christmas Open House and Downtown Merchants' Living Windows displays, 5-8 p.m. Nov. 30, downtown Van Buren.
• Fort Smith Chorale Christmas Concert 2017 "How Great Our Joy," 7:30 p.m. Nov. 30, First United Methodist Church, 200 N. 15th St. Order tickets at www.FortSmithChorale.com.
The Times Record will run a listing of upcoming holiday-themed activities and events each Thursday until Christmas. Have a holiday event you'd like us to include? Send the information to Holiday activities, Times Record, P.O. Box 1359, Fort Smith, AR 72902, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.